> > > If you lean on the keyboard, or if you set up the network adapters
> > > as "entropy" sources, does the problem fix itself?
> >
> > If you're thinking it's /dev/random blocking on him, 5.0's output never
> > blocks.  Its output is a PRNG periodically seeded from random data,
> > including interrupt timings and LAN traffic by default.
>
> Mostly, I was thinking that the other suggestions (WITNESS,
> INVARIANTS, malloc flags) didn't really have any chance of
> being the cause of the lock-ups, and without some message on
> the console, it's unlikely that it was a driver tiemout, either.

No messages on console.

> If it's long enough to pause the console noticibly, the next
> thing to try is breaking to the debugger -- which might require
> an NMI card -- to see what code it's stuck in during the pause.

It's noticeable - if you type under heavy load in console, you
experience similar to ssh lag - you can't see what you type, but it
appears a second later to the screen.

I've spoken about this issue on IRC for a few times, and ran into a guy
who said he was experiencing similar problems on 5.0-REL. Just to let
you know.

I've tried adding HR< to malloc.conf and removing ALL unneccessary
options from the kernel, no help.

Atte Peltomäki
http://kameli.org