local.freebsd.current <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I'm just installing 5.0-RELEASE from the floppies.
>>
>> Answering yes to "do you want Linux binary compatibility"
>> during sysinstall causes it to fetch linux_base-6.1 - I
>> rather thought it would install 7.1.

All I can say is: me too. Also, I think I found other (minor) differences
between the floopy and the cdrom install procedures. Aren't they supposed to
be build from the same base? (This is not critical, just annoying)

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of sysadmins, for they can make your life
miserable by doing nothing.