On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 09:19:36PM +0000, Nuno Teixeira wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 01:00:27PM -0800, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 08:26:49PM +0000, Nuno Teixeira wrote:
> > >

> > > FreeBSD doesn't have a POP3 server in their source tree. popa3d is a
> > > good candidate because it's simple and secure.
> > >
> > > OpenBSD has already included popa3d in their source, so why not include
> > > it in FreeBSD?
> >
> > Because it's already in the ports tree.
> >

> Yes I know. The same happens with lukemftpd (e.g.): it's available in
> source tree and ports tree.

lukemftpd was intended as a replacement for the current
ftpd code.  Unfortuantely, time constraint made it too
difficult for the committers to complete the transition.
Many of us think it is a mistake to have lukemftpd in the
source tree in its current incomplete form.

FreeBSD's base code isn't a kitchen cink.  If you need
pop3 install a server from the ports collection.

--
Steve