Steve Kargl wrote:
On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 05:08:40PM -0500, Eric Jones wrote:

Is there any reason, on newer motherboards, to need the MAXMEM option?

I don't know.  I've always used MAXMEM.  Guess it's
time to remove it from my kernel config file.
FWIW, I've been using FBSD -stable and -current for about 3 years
on five different machines and I've never used MAXMEM.  Never had
any problems recognizing memory, either -- guess I've been luckier
than some.