On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 19:47:12 +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Mark Murray wr
> ites:
>
> >We have most of this, and RC4 can deliver. RC4's "licence" is
> >fine. Call it "ArCFour" and there is no problem. The code is
> >small, fast and repeatable, and meets conditions 1-4 above.
>
> There are some concerns about RC4's strength and predictability.

Yes. That why I say we need to run some tests to compare RC4 distribution
and other vital parameters with our current variant. The worst case will
be if we replace good PRNG with bad. F.e. Knuth variant I already mention
already proven as better than what we currently have, so don't have such
problem as RC4-based PRNG probably have.

--
Andrey A. Chernov
http://ache.pp.ru/