In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Darryl Okahata writes
:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>> Say, do you actually have the GEOM_BDE option in your kernel ?
>
>     Sigh, no.  I missed it in gbde(4).
>
>     You might want to further idiot-proof gbde(8) with code like:
>
>err(1, "ioctl(GEOMCONFIGGEOM) (is \"options GEOM_BDE\" in the kernel?)");

Yeah, this will happen.  GBDE is the first user of what can only be
described as a very green config-API for GEOM classes.

One idea I have almost convinced myself to implement, despite its
unUNIX like nature is to include a char erortext[256] in the request
package because the idea that all errors have integer numbers gets
old really really fast with the rather complex conditions some of
the GEOM modules test for:

        return (EYOUARESHRINKINGAPARTITIONWHICHISOPEN)

I think not :-)

[EMAIL PROTECTED]         | TCP/IP since RFC 956