On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 07:49:54PM -0800, walt wrote the words in effect of:
> Hiten Pandya wrote:
> >Hi gang.
> >
> >Recently removing the NO_GEOM option from my kernel; I noticed that my
> >dos extended slices dev entries disappeared under a GEOM kernel...
>
> I've been using extended slices on both -stable and -current for
> quite a while without any problems, both with and without GEOM.
>
> How were the extended slices created?

The extended slices were created before FreeBSD 4.3 was installed on my
machine.  After that, I just kept building world and kernel and upgraded
to 5.0.  It used to work before GEOM, but then it suddenly stopped.

Cheers.

--
Hiten Pandya ([EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED])
http://www.unixdaemons.com/~hiten/