On Saturday 08 February 2003 22:12, Auge Mike wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was trying to know how "printf" works in FreeBSD... I hvae reached to
> this point :
>
> #define _write(fd, s, n) \
>       __syscall(SYS_write, (int)(fd), (const void *)(s), (size_t)(n))
>
> I'am not really familiar with the way FreeBSD handle interrupts. I like
> from any one of you to tell me what functions will be called next and in
> which files, till we get the string of the printf function argment
> displayed in the terminal.

This is the syscall (kernel entry) that implements the write(2) kernel
function.  Then next function will be in kernel space, and will be the
handler for SYS_write, the 'write' function in sys/kern/sys_generic.c.

By "handles interrupts" I assume you meant the syscall interface, right?

--

        Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Wes Peters                                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]