Thus spake David Leimbach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I am about to try to make some changes to FreeBSD current...
>
> Should I begin to use read-only CVS instead of CVSup for this work or
> is it possible to generate diffs based on CVSup'd sources?
>
> What is the recommend method to use for playing with the source?
>
> I already found a small change in libc that should probably get
> committed but I want to generate the patch properly for everyone's
> approval.

The best thing to do is to have a local copy of the entire
repository, synced via cvsup.  If you have multiple machines, you
can even run a cvsup server on one of them, and sync them all from
that.

On older hardware that lacks sufficient disk space for the entire
repo, I use anoncvs, but that's much more annoying. You need to
hack up CVS/Entries manually to add and delete files, for
instance.