Craig Rodrigues wrote:
> There is a long thread on the GCC mailing list right now complaining
> about compile-time speed regressions from 2.95.x, with many complaints
> coming from Apple:

I don't think the original poster was talking about compile-time speed.

The running speed of applications is vastly improved under gcc 3.2.x,
sometimes by 30% over gcc 2.95.x, in my experience.

To the OP -- any speed improvement from gcc 3.2.1 to 3.2.2 would
probably be marginal.  If some particular port really bothers you with
its slow performance, try recompiling (though it's unlikely to help),
otherwise don't bother.

- Rahul