In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Dag-Erling Smorgrav writes:
>The clock on my ASUS P5A still runs at double speed unless I have
>debug.acpi.disable="timer" in loader.conf (as it has for as long as
>we've had ACPI support).  Do any ACPI wizards have any suggestions as
>to how I could track down the cause of this bug, and hopefully fix it?

I don't have any P5A boards, so I'm really at a loss with this one.

Basically, something about about ACPI timer does not match spec and
I have no idea what it is, or for that matter how to reliably detect
it.

The best I can suggest is hunting down any errata for the chipset or
experimenting..

[EMAIL PROTECTED]         | TCP/IP since RFC 956