Matthew Dillon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>     Are you sure you have done a recent buildworld/installworld?  It
>     sounds like you haven't.  In -current kenv is in /bin  (i.e.
>     the source is in /usr/src/bin/kenv on -current) as of the 15th of
>     this month.

Well, I'll be danged. I installed 5.0R on Saturday via FTP from
ftp*.freebsd.org, did a "cvsup ... /usr/share/examples/cvsup/standard-supfile"
then make world.  But I see it in /usr/src/bin/kenv now, cvsupped last
night.  Rebuilding now.  Then need to redo clone_root to populate my
diskless root hierarchy.

Thanks for the kick in the butt.

>     You must be working off an out of date source tree.

Weird, perhaps I fat fingered and cvsupped "stable" and built that --
installing onto a Current system.  That would explain a lot of this
ugliness.

>     I have included -current's current /usr/src/etc/rc.d/initdiskless script

Thank you.

>     If your sources are out of date you should update them...  As
>     you can see, the initidiskless script is full of references to
>     md_size :-)
>
> # Copyright (c) 1999  Matt Dillion

Ah hah... :-)

> # $FreeBSD: src/etc/rc.d/initdiskless,v 1.23 2003/02/15 16:29:20 jhay Exp $

OK, this is weird; I cvsup daily but am two versions behind you:

  Pectopah# cvsup -l 1 -g -h cvsup2.freebsd.org
/usr/share/examples/cvsup/standard-supfile
  Connected to cvsup2.freebsd.org
  Updating collection src-all/cvs
  Finished successfully

  Pectopah# grep '$FreeBSD' /usr/src/etc/rc.d/initdiskless
  # $FreeBSD: src/etc/rc.d/initdiskless,v 1.21 2002/10/12 10:31:31 schweikh Exp $

Being out of sync would explain a lot.  Looks like the tag in
  "standard-supfile" points to the wrong thing, rather than the source
  for CURRENT:

  # $FreeBSD: src/share/examples/cvsup/standard-supfile,v 1.21.2.1 2003/01/16 05:59:14
scottl Exp $
  #
  # This file contains all of the "CVSup collections" that make up the
  # FreeBSD-current source tree.
  *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_5_0

OK, I'll change this to "tag=." and recvsup, try again.  A big "doh!"

Many thanks.