Well, um, if you look for messages from me last June and then again
several times recently you'll find we are a club of three, at least.

I can't actually manually ifconfig it either, it comes up the
first time fine, but I can wedge my machine with a few large
transfers.

I got a couple of hints via email about crappy RealTek errata
and I spent an hour squinting at the diffs between -stable where
it works flawlessly, and -current, but could not see anything
that was related.  But I'm lousy at drivers.

I was actually pondering whether to ditch the idea of using the
on-board rl, and switch to a wifi card or something else, since
it's back in -stable now, and this is an acpi only laptop.

Best,
Russell

: +-------[ Martin Minkus ]----------------------
: | During boot, i get the following:
: |
:
: [snip]
:
: | I really want to start upgrading to 5.0 (There are no other issues, and
: | some people i know have been running 5.0-CURRENT ever since work on 5.0
: | began).
:
: I found that if I tried to specify any media or mediaopt options to ifconfig
: that the RL's would refuse to find carrier (das blinkenlights on the switch).
:
: Lines like the following simply don't work;
:
: ifconfig_rl0="inet 10.10.10.10 netmask 255.255.255.0 media auto mediaopt full-duplex"
: ifconfig_rl0="inet 10.10.10.10 netmask 255.255.255.0 media 100BaseTX mediaopt
:full-duplex"
:
: whether you specify auto or specify a media.
:
: However, if I just leave the card alone;
:
: ifconfig_rl0="inet 10.10.10.10 netmask 255.255.255.0"
:
: It will come up by itself in 100BaseTX full-duplex on its own first time
: every time.
:
: It's something to try at least I suppose.
:
: --
: Totally Holistic Enterprises Internet|                      | Andrew Milton
: The Internet (Aust) Pty Ltd          |  M:+61 416 022 411   |
: ACN: 082 081 472 ABN: 83 082 081 472 |[EMAIL PROTECTED]| Carpe Daemon
:
: To Unsubscribe: send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
: with "unsubscribe freebsd-current" in the body of the message