On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 02:45:27PM +0100, Peter Gade Jensen wrote:
> I installed the DP2 release of current on my Toshiba laptop when it was
> released and acpi worked very well. When the powercable was disconected
> the profile changed to economic _and_ the screen was dimmed a little
> bit to save power. But with every other iso release or cvsup from head
> since, acpi doesn't dim the screen anymore when running on batteries?
> what has changed or what can I do to make this work again(besides
> reverting back t -dp2)?

I have the same feature on my Dell laptop.  The screen's brightness
(or dim if you want) will go down when the computer is running on
batteries.  It is however possible to change this back to normal with
the "Fn" key (you probably have something similiar on your Toshiba) so
that the brightness back to "normal."  Dell laptops remember this, so
the next time I run the computer on batteries it will restore the
brightness to the level I had last time I used it on batteries.

If the Toshiba is simliar in this way all you have to do is adjust the
brightness level (can be done in the BIOS of Dell too) down to a
desired level and it will remember it.

I do not think this has anything to do with ACPI implimentation in
FreeBSD.

--
Morten Rodal