Fred Souza wrote:
>  I've just noticed that recent -CURRENT kernels (from at least 2 days
>  to now, but I suspect it might be a little longer) do not find my
>  ATAPI CDROM drive.

This happened to me today, but it turned out that the drive wasn't
recognized after a reboot if there was an audio CD already in the
drive (ie, acd0 didn't show up in dmesg at all).  If I rebooted with
an empty drive, all was well.

Anyone else notice this?

- Rahul
I'll send dmesg etc if relevant; my drive is
acd0: <LG DVD-ROM DRN-8080B/3.10> DVD-ROM drive at ata1 as master
acd0:  512KB buffer, UDMA33
acd0: Reads: CD-R, CD-RW, CD-DA stream, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, packet
acd0: Writes:
acd0: Audio: play, 255 volume levels
acd0: Mechanism: ejectable tray, unlocked
acd0: Medium: no/blank disc