walt wrote:
Jan Stocker wrote:

Before blaming me, i know it is not supported for 5.x or -current, but i
think some of us have that stuff already running on -current.

I've been in hospital for many weeks and now i updated my system (late
November) to the currents current. After adding the missing include, i
successfully compiled the nvidia driver but loading the kernel module
leads to:

Feb 24 08:17:08 Twoflower kernel: link_elf: symbol rman_get_start
undefined...

IIRC I had this same problem when I tried the new scheduler (SCHED_ULE)
because (for some reason I don't understand) the linux.ko kernel module
was not built when I compiled my kernel.

When I went back to the old scheduler (SCHED_4BSD) the linux.ko module
reappeared and all worked again -- except that you'll get a 'page fault
while in kernel mode' when you shut down the X server...

Actually, this morning's patch by Scott Long fixed the 'page fault while in kernel mode'. (According to Alfred we'll be seeing file corruption instead, but that's another thread.)

To Unsubscribe: send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with "unsubscribe freebsd-current" in the body of the message