On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 07:22:09AM -0600, Jacques A. Vidrine wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 09:58:21PM -0500, Craig Rodrigues wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I ran a cvsup of -CURRENT a few days ago.
> >
> > I have some code which assumes that OPENSSL_THREADS is defined if
> > the OpenSSL version is greater than 0.9.7:
> > Should the OpenSSL in FreeBSD be defining OPENSSL_THREADS?
>
> I think you may be right.  OpenSSL 0.9.7's out-of-the box configure
> creates an opensslconf.h that would define OPENSSL_THREADS on FreeBSD.
>
> Mark supplied the opensslconf.h's that are used in the FreeBSD build ...
> let's see if this is intentional or not. [cc'd]

These kind of macro changes can break backwards compatibility
(OpenSSL's fault).  If the intent is to minimize breakage
of ports and such, I would not be opposed to do something like:

#define OPENSSL_THREADS 1
#define THREADS OPENSSL_THREADS    /** deprecated */

Would this work?

--
Craig Rodrigues
http://home.attbi.com/~rodrigc