> Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 13:12:51 +0100
> From: Christoph Kukulies <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Sender: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

> In /usr/src/UPDATING I read that -current is always compiled withlots of debugging
> flags on etc.
>
> Can this be switched off with a single switch in the Makefile?

No. It is mostly controlled by your kernel config file. If you look at
GENERIC in RELENG_5_0, you can see what is commented out for the 5.0
release and do the same.

-current is NOT intended for production (or even near production)
services and the debugging stuff is default for good reason, but it's
perfectly fine to turn it off if you want to get a feel for the
"normal" performance of the software.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                       Phone: +1 510 486-8634