On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, Hiten Pandya wrote:

HP>Harti Brandt (Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 11:41:57AM +0100) wrote:
HP>> On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
HP>>
HP>> DS>is there any?  if so, where?
HP>>
HP>> Hiten Pandya was/is working on this. Last time I had a look it had not
HP>> much moved from NetBSD towards FreeBSD. Don't know about the current
HP>> state:
HP>>
HP>>     [1] http://www.unixdaemons.com/~hiten/work/misc/bus_dma.9.txt
HP>>     [2] http://www.unixdaemons.com/~hiten/work/misc/bus_dma.9.patch
HP>
HP>I am still working on it, and the URLs provided above are old.  The new
HP>URL to busdma documentation stuff, is:
HP>
HP>     http://www.unixdaemons.com/~hiten/work/busdma/
HP>
HP>There are some issues I am sorting out, and you can check my progress
HP>with the TODO list in the directory.  It will be finished sometime this
HP>week as I was busy last week with other things, like school etc.

Just a comment: the alignment argument to bus_dma_tag_create is
unfortunately not used in the way you describe. It is ignored, except when
bus_dmamem_alloc calls contigmalloc on all architectures. And it is used
if it is larger than an IOPAGE on sparc64. If you need a smaller aligment,
you must either fiddle around with a larger memory allocation (if you are
going to call bus_dmamem_alloc) or rely on the undocumented fact, that
aligning the virtual address also aligns the physical address (for small
alignments). The latter is true at least for all architectures that have
no IOMMU and for sparc.

harti
--
harti brandt, http://www.fokus.gmd.de/research/cc/cats/employees/hartmut.brandt/private