Dear Hackers,

<<On Sat, 1 Mar 2003 22:18:12 +1100 (EST), Bruce Evans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> > Interestingly, socreate() in Lite2 always does a can-wait malloc() so
> > our current soalloc(M_NOWAIT) does the same thing as Lite2 and is only
> > wrong if the FreeBSD change from can-wait to "can-wait-if p != 0"
> > change was needed and is still needed.
>
> When I initially revamped that code, I waited unconditionally and was
> rewarded with an appropriate panic for sleeping in interrupt context.
> I cannot speak as to whether it is still needed.

well, what is the best way to proceed here? as far as i can see
there are three options here:

1) leave it as it is for now

2) change it to so = soalloc(0); (i.e. never sleep)

3) revert it back to rotted so = soalloc(td != 0); in this case
   people like me will call socreate() with td == 0, and other
   will call socreate() with real td pointer or curthread.

i personally do not like option 1) at all. are there any other
options? suggestions?

thanks,
max