At 2:57 PM -0800 3/3/03, James Satterfield wrote:
I'm trying to run vmware2 on a recent -current. I'm getting these
when trying to load the vmmon_up module.

   kldload: can't load /usr/local/lib/vmware/lib/modules/vmmon_up.ko:
                       No such file or directory

Also making an appearance in dmesg is

link_elf: symbol cdevsw_add undefined.

Current from today. Using linux_base-7.1_2.
Linux module is loaded.

This is a problem that came up in the past week or two. I don't know exactly what causes it, or how to fix it. I suspect that it is some recent kernel/device change, and it might very well be easy to update the vmware2 port to work again.

I haven't had any time to look into it, but I did try doing a
force-rebuild of the rtc and vmware2 ports, and that did not seem
to fix it.

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Systems Programmer           or  [EMAIL PROTECTED]