Andre Guibert de Bruet wrote:

If you really need to use your workstation, you can try the open source nv
XFree86 driver. It's not as fast as the nVidia detonator driver and it's
not accelerated, but you can at least use X11 at a reasonable resolution
and color depth.

It works well enough for my purposes, thanks once again. Actually, I had tried the 'nv' driver once before with no luck, but this time I thought to disable the 'glx' module which is installed by the proprietary nVidia driver and now it works just fine.

Maybe I should mention that I'm using a Riva TNT2 chip, not a GeoForce.
And, of course, I'm still running my kernel from two days ago, so I'd
better try compiling today's kernel before I get too complacent...

You've been a great help in the last 24 hours. Thank you!

To Unsubscribe: send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with "unsubscribe freebsd-current" in the body of the message