On 06-Mar-2003 Jonathan Lemon wrote:
> Doing a kernel build over NFS on today's -current gives a pile of
> following error messages during the final link phase:
>
> Acquiring lockmgr lock "nfs" with the following non-sleepablelocks held:
> exclusive sleep mutex buf queue lock r = 0 (0xc0427b60) locked @
> ../../../kern/vfs_bio.c:2107
> Acquiring lockmgr lock "nfs" with the following non-sleepablelocks held:
> exclusive sleep mutex buf queue lock r = 0 (0xc0427b60) locked @
> ../../../kern/vfs_bio.c:2107
> Acquiring lockmgr lock "nfs" with the following non-sleepablelocks held:
> exclusive sleep mutex buf queue lock r = 0 (0xc0427b60) locked @
> ../../../kern/vfs_bio.c:2107

Witness didn't used to complain about these until my recent commits,
so these could be old bugs that we are just now seeing.  It does look
like all the lock functions in inmem() use LK_NOWAIT which is exempted
from the witness check:

        if ((flags & (LK_NOWAIT|LK_RELEASE)) == 0)
                WITNESS_WARN(WARN_GIANTOK | WARN_SLEEPOK,
                    &lkp->lk_interlock->mtx_object,
                    "Acquiring lockmgr lock \"%s\"", lkp->lk_wmesg);

A stack trace from one of these would be helpful.

--

John Baldwin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  <><  http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/