hi.

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 14:05:42 +0900
Norikatsu Shigemura <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Mar 2003 19:37:35 +0100 (MET)
> Marcin CIE LAK <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > See the patches enclosed to emulators/rtc
> > and emulators/vmware2 ports.
> > Tested only for -current with:
> > #define __FreeBSD_version 500104
>
>       Hum.. This is not work in my environment.  Because MOD_LOAD initializer
>       didn't kick rtc_attach.  I fixed this problem and merge(but ADHOC:-).
>       Please, anyone, check following patch.

        I've just applied your patch and rebuilt rtc.ko.
        It gave me /dev/rtc and VMware2 doesn't complain about
        'cannot open /dev/rtc...' any more.
        It seems to be working well.

        (except
            WARNING: driver "rtc" used unreserved major device number 202
        message, which seems to be harmless)

>       BTW, vmmon_*.ko is not good.  hum....

        vmmon_up.ko is working for me now with Marcin's patch.

        My -current is dated as 2003/03/10.
        /usr/include/sys/param.h has #define __FreeBSD_version 500105.
        vmmon_up.ko and rtc.ko are kldload'ed.
        VMware2 is running Win2K, netgraph-bridging over fxp0.

        Thanks for you both!! :)

                Y.Kasazaki
//