On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, David O'Brien wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 03:21:13AM +0000, RMH wrote:
> > I have to note that currently it isn't really possible to compile
> > -CURRENT by GCC 2.95.x in the way it has to be. Buildkernel is

Building -current requires a -current compiler.

> Huh??  What do you mean "in the way it has to be"?  We purposely upgraded
> from GCC 2.95.x to 3.2.x and part of that upgrade gave us C99 features.

> > Second problem is periods in two macros of sys/eventhandler.h,
> > that broke depend:
> >
> > #define EVENTHANDLER_FAST_INVOKE(name, ...)
> > #define EVENTHANDLER_INVOKE(name, ...)
> >
> > Might be fixed in the way like:
> >
> > #define EVENTHANDLER_FAST_INVOKE(name)
> > #define EVENTHANDLER_INVOKE(name, arg1, arg2, arg3)
>
> We can certainly put in a #ifdef detection on the GCC version.  Please
> submit a patch for this and the other nits you point out.

Please don't.  Complications to support the old version would defeat
the point of purposely regrading from GCC 2.95.x to 3.2.x.  But I'd
be happy if this wer fixed this by not using variadic macros anywhere.

Only the ". tmpstk" syntax error and the macro that produce it are
just wrong (RELENG4 and -current have a differently wrong vewrsions that
happen to be accepted by gcc-2 and gcc-3, respectively).

Bruce