On Sat, 22 Mar 2003, Peter Wemm wrote:

> Vincent Poy wrote:
> >     I've recently went from a February 6, 2003 -CURRENT to a March 8,
> > 2003 -CURRENT and for whatever reason, the stuff that used to work
> > installed from ports all broke with Bad System Call (core dump), has
> > anyone else experienced this problem since what happened to all the
> > backwards compatibility of older binaries?
>
> Old ports?  You probably need to add COMPAT_FREEBSD4 to your kernel config.

        Yep... I notice everything from apache 1.2.6 to stuff like
tcpwrappers since I couldn't get the banners in the tcpd that comes with
-CURRENT to use and display banners.

        My kernel config does have:

options         COMPAT_43               #Compatible with BSD 4.3 [KEEP
THIS!]
options         COMPAT_FREEBSD4         #Compatible with FreeBSD4

Cheers,
Vince - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - Vice President             ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
WurldLink Corporation                                  / / / /  | /  | __] ]
San Francisco - Honolulu - Hong Kong                  / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - oahu.DAL.NET Hawaii's DALnet IRC Network Server Admin