Dane Butler wrote:
> I have been a Linux user for a few years and have been trying out FreeBSD
> 5.0, but there is a problem. I edited the /etc/ttys file as instructed to
> make kdm (and xdm) boot, but as soon as i login, x crashes and reboots, how
> do i get around this?

1)      Belongs on questions

2)      ctrl-alt-F1 to get to the standard console; log in there,
        and fix the problem.

Note: The problem is probably that you have failed to install
xwrapper and/or the window manager, etc., you have selected
for your session does not work.  You should get the xserver
working from a user starting it manually, first, and *then* try
to get the login-via-kdm/login-via-xdm working.

-- Terry