--On Wednesday, May 28, 2003 15:39:44 -0700 Nate Lawson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Wed, 28 May 2003, Larry Rosenman wrote:
> --On Wednesday, May 28, 2003 03:59:24 -0500 Larry Rosenman
>> Ok, with today's sources, I still get a page not present panic for
>> address (0x7) on transistion to battery.
> as a followup, with this code, I no longer get the panic at ACPI
> shutdown, just some messages about references.

As a further followup, today's update of the ACPI sources get's rid of
the ACPI errors in the dmesg, but I ****STILL**** have the panic at 0x7
on transition to battery.

There's something wrong with your DSDT and/or the Intel acpica interpreter such that reference counting on ns objects is incorrect.
dsdt/aml:

http://www.lerctr.org/~ler/ler.aml.dsdt.tar.gz

Is this going to be released like this?

I'm doing my best as a volunteer. If none of us finds the problem before release, the answer is "yes". In that case, you should disable acpi or use apm. Or feel free to hunt down the problem yourself.
I know. I'm trying to help.....

-Nate

-- Larry Rosenman http://www.lerctr.org/~ler Phone: +1 972-414-9812 E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] US Mail: 1905 Steamboat Springs Drive, Garland, TX 75044-6749