Alan L. Cox writes:
 > Thanks for letting me know.  This is another false positive: Witness
 > can't distinguish the lock on the object being destroyed from the lock
 > on the object used by UMA because their labels are the same.  They will
 > never, however, be the same object.  So, deadlock isn't a risk.

In a closed source driver I maintain, I had to resort to passing a
string containing the meaningful name concatonated with some unique info
to mtx_init().

It seems like witness could just concat the address of the mutex along
with the strings passed to mtx_init() so as to make sure things were
unique..

Drew