John-Mark Gurney wrote:
I happen to notice an interesting problem on my build.. (-j3 on a sparc64
box):
make: don't know how to make /usr/obj/usr/src/world/src/rescue/rescue//usr/src/w
orld/src/sbin/dhclient/client/clparse.o. Stop
*** Error code 2

notice the rescue//usr.  I'm not sure what to make of it, but it seems
like this might confuse it.  Also, why are we sticking obj files for rescue
in the source dir of the program? shouldn't they be in the rescue dir?
(so that they don't get globbered when the regular build happens.)

The // is a non-issue.

The obj files are going into ${.OBJDIR}.  If they're
showing up in the source dir of the program, then
you haven't built the /usr/obj/usr/src/rescue directory
tree.  You should either:
  * define RESCUE during buildworld
  * cd /usr/src/rescue && make obj

Tim Kientzle