In message: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
            Wilko Bulte <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
: On Sat, Aug 09, 2003 at 06:38:51AM +0200, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
: > In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Greg 'groggy' Lehey"
: > writes:
: >
: > >> and it seems that vinum does not respect the D_NOGIANT flag which
: > >> GEOM recently started setting.
: > >
: > >Probably because it didn't know about it.  As I've said before, it
: > >would be nice to be informed about the changes you're making,
: > >particularly given your stated intention of doing no work on Vinum.
: >
: > I had the choice between supporting sos@ effort to de-Giantize ATA
: > or wait for the non-maintainer of vinum to possibly react to his email
:
: Come on.. a bit of politeness goes a long way..

As would a little technical information.  It does no harm to send off
a message that tells of API breakage/introduction.

: > so I chose the former as being more beneficial to the project.

Warner