On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 15:53:26 -0400 (EDT), Andre Guibert de Bruet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003, Jeremy Messenger wrote:

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 21:26:11 +0200, Thomas Gutzler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

I have lost over 1,000 to 2,000 emails like three times when the Nvidia
driver crashed and had to do the power off and on to get it boot to let the
fsck background do the job. Yesterday, I CVSup'ed and did the buildworld to
update my -CURRENT. I got panic and reboot; first time I see the same
message above, 'softupdate inconsistency' and I had to ran fsck by manual.
After that, I discovered that my /var/, /compat/linux/ and very little
stuff in my home directory have been destroyed. I can't produce the panic
anymore so can't really give any help that much now; it was only panic at
once for unknown reason.

Just want to add in here that you aren't only person in here.

I don't have a solution for you, but I have some sound advice: Don't run
critical systems on -current. I consider email to fall in that category...

I am pretty aware of it and I don't care of those are lost because I always backup my personal stuff daily. I run everything in bleed edge such as - CURRENT, Gnome 2.4, VIM-cvs and etc, so I know my risk.

Cheers,
Mezz

Regards,

Andre Guibert de Bruet | Enterprise Software Consultant >
Silicon Landmark, LLC. | http://siliconlandmark.com/    >

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.