Robert Watson wrote:
On Wed, 27 Aug 2003, Pawel Worach wrote:
Ok, so let me see if I have the sequence of events straight:
Hope this is not as confusing as my previus mail :)
Here is some more information. I realized that i had tcp and udp "blackholing" enabled on the server so i disabled that, still no dice. disabled rpc.statd and rpc.lockd, still no dice.
I escaped to DDB between the "not responding" and the "ok" messages and came up with this: [SLP]nfscon <address>] mount_nfs [SLP]- <address>] nfsiod 3 [SLP]- <address>] nfsiod 2 [SLP]- <address>] nfsiod 1 [SLP]- <address>] nfsiod 0
I have also played with the mount options, here is the result of that: ro,nfsv3,tcp,rdirplus - broken ro,nfsv3,tcp - broken ro,tcp - broken ro - ok (defaults to nfsv2,udp according to my research) ro,nfsv3 - ok (defaults to udp)
So it looks like what i said before, only tcp seems to cause this.
As this is the first time i'm seriusly investigating this i also noted that a restart of the NFS daemons (or reboot) of the server is not needed, just doing a _clean_ reboot (init 6, shutdown -r now) of the client will make the server "recover". (sometimes is takes two clean reboots).
_______________________________________________ [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-current To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"