Hendrik Hasenbein wrote:

Andrew Atrens wrote:

The combination that works for me (in -STABLE) is nvidia gart and no hacks. I spent some time trying to get Matt Dodd's os agp to work, again in -STABLE, and while it does probe and attach the agp correctly - and from what I could tell seems to follow the linux code very closely - I can't get the nvidia driver to work with it.

Good luck,

Andrew.

Thx.
Ok, I thought that was the problem behind the attach problem. If it is bogus why can't the driver attach to the memory resource?

The nvidia probe code gets invoked for every pci device discovered on the bus. The can't-attach-memory-resource thing essentially means that the driver is trying to attach to a device that isn't a graphics card.

'/boot/loader.conf' already contains 'hw.pci.allow_unsupported_io_range="1"'

I don't run -current, so I'm not exactly sure what this does :( ...

In which order do you load the modules?

I just load -

kernel
linux.ko
nvidia.ko

and that's it. It's important to note that I do not have 'device agp' in my kernel.

Andrew.