Bernd,

Bernd Walter wrote:
On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 10:35:33AM -0700, Lars Eggert wrote:

static char init1[]= { 0x80, 0x01, 0x00, 0x20, 0x14 }; static char init2[]= { 0x80, 0x01, 0x00, 0x20, 0x14, 0x20, 0x20, 0x20 };

Are you shure that the above is correct data for the device? The IO error could also be returned from the device.

Relatively. It's in the Linux driver, and I've used a Windows USB snooper to verify that ATI's Windows driver writes the same two chunks.

What does USB_DEBUG with hw.usb.debug=2 and hw.usb.ugen.debug=2 say?
Bevor I download the complete source you mentioned, can you give us the
lines that lead to the above command?

I'm away from that machine until later, I'll make sure to send the output when I get back.

The Linux driver is actually pretty short. Here's the source: http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/gatos/ati_remote/ati_remote.c?annotate=1.9

The init packets get written at line 440.

I don't know, but it could also depend on the controller you use.
E.g. ehci currently doesn't support interrupt endpoints at all.

Ah. Yes, this is with ehci coupled to ohci. Should I try to disable ehci for now?

Thanks,
Lars
--
Lars Eggert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>           USC Information Sciences Institute