On Friday 03 October 2003 16:34, Mike Hunter wrote:
> How do you turn those down?  /boot/loader.conf?  I tried saying
> "hw.nvidia.card.rates="2x 1x" but that didn't seem to do anything (I have
> a feeling that putting that in /boot/loader.conf makes no sense...please
> consider this a desperate cry for help.)

Hmm, I am trying to remember :)
Ahh!
Here is a fragment of my loader.conf..
nvidia_load="YES"
machdep.disable_mtrrs="1"
hw.nvidia.registry.ReqAGPRate="1"

> Is it a bad sign that my sysctl has some weird values in it?

Possibly :)
I see it's a GeForce 4 Go.. They seem to be a bit weird from various posts on
the lists :(

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum
GPG Fingerprint - 9A8C 569F 685A D928 5140  AE4B 319B 41F4 5D17 FDD5