On Sun, Oct 12, 2003 at 02:35:21AM -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-10-12 at 02:02, Don Lewis wrote:
> > On 11 Oct, Steve Kargl wrote:
> > > Upgrade tonight (7pm PST) and received the following
> > > on rebooting
> > >
> > > panic: pmap_zero_page: CMAP3 busy
> > >
> > > Unfortunately, this system does not have a serial
> > > console and the panic locked it up tight.  Only
> > > a hard reset brought the system back.
> >
> > I was just about to type "make installworld" when I got this message
> >
> > I checked the commit logs and didn't see any recent commits that looked
> > suspicious, and since I do have a serial console I decided to throw
> > caution to the wind and give the new kernel a try.
>
> See my previous email dated Sat, 11 Oct 2003 01:39:20 -0400 on the
> subject.  It looks like the problem may have to do with CPU type (PIII
> in my case).  My P4 laptop has the same -CURRENT, and does not
> experience the problem.  It may also be noteworthy that I have
> CPU_ENABLE_SSE on my PIII as well.

Ditto with PIII and CPU_ENABLE_SSE.  I was able to get a traceback,
but I didn't bother to write it down.  I can do so if necessary.

CPU: Pentium III/Pentium III Xeon/Celeron (497.44-MHz 686-class CPU)
  Origin = "GenuineIntel"  Id = 0x673  Stepping = 3

Features=0x383f9ff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,MMX,FXSR,SSE>

Kris