Hi all,

Quick question: Is there an "official" way of changing ATA modes on boot/startup? I grepped my /etc/rc.d (5.1-R) for 'atacontrol' and did a quick search of the archives, but both came up empty, so I'm guessing there isn't.

I'm quite happy to write up an rc script for it, but I figured I'd double check so I don't write it for nothing. :)

The reason I'm asking is that I have a couple of IDE CDROM drives that I want to enable DMA on (yes, they grok DMA).

Cheers,
/Johny
--
Johny Mattsson - System Designer ,-.   ,-.   ,-.  There is no truth.
http://www.earthmagic.org     _.'  `-'   `-'  There is only perception.