Hey all. In doing a portupgrade -RvN for windowmaker, Perl and libiconv were recompiled. I saved the log output and noticed several oddities I was wondering if anyone can explain?

1..several settings come up as undefined during the Perl build, namely:
$i_malloc
$d_setegid
$d_seteuid
$i_iconv

These don't look troubling by themselves dur to 'autoconf magic,' but the next one for libiconv is more bothersome:

From libiconv 1.9.1_3 configure:

*** Warning: the command libtool uses to detect shared libraries,
*** /usr/bin/file, produces output that libtool cannot recognize.
*** The result is that libtool may fail to recognize shared libraries
*** as such.  This will affect the creation of libtool libraries that
*** depend on shared libraries, but programs linked with such libtool
*** libraries will work regardless of this problem.  Nevertheless, you
*** may want to report the problem to your system manager and/or to
*** [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Any ideas?

Also, is there a way to pass configure options to portupgrade, or should I run make clean && ./configure for each port in an 'upgrade chain' and then force portupgrade to not make clean prior to building/installing?

Thanks,

Scott