On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 00:40:24 -0300
Roberto de Iriarte <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> a) Problem
> Right upon  installing mozilla 1.5 from ports, i installed
> flashpluginwrapper-20031006, and found out that mozilla would fail to
> exit eating up CPU as if stuck in an infinite loop (Usage per top went
> up into high 90%'s) if the plugin was triggered (by viewing a flash movie)
> The same result was observed using the native java plugin (J2SE 1.4.1
> patchlevel 4 from ports)

        I heard this behavior like yours.  But I don't have any idea
        to fix this behavior.

> I decided to give libkse a try so i modified libmap.conf, and rebooted
> the system for good measure and mozilla works perfectly. (And
> responsivenes is excellent, and cpu usage much reduced, btw)

        Humm.. I use libkse, too.  I wonder if we had better use libkse.

> c) Ignorance from my part
> Is linux.ko necessary to run flashpluginwrapper ? I forgot to enable it
> in rc.conf and it seems to run equally well !?

        Theoretically, flashpluginwrapper uses userland COMPAT_LINUX
        technology:-), and is A killer application of libmap.conf
        feature:-)).  So we don't need linux.ko (COMPAT_LINUX).