Could a vinum guru please contact me via email?

I've lost 2 vinum volumes as a result of the latest fiasco and naturally
am eager to figure out what's going on and recover the data.

This isn't necessarily directed at you - I'm just using this email as a footstep to send this general comment -

I am kind of under the assumption that -current is more of a test bed, and anything can happen at any time, which is why it's bad to run -current on a machine you care deeply about (at least its data). I think I've seen at least 5 mails in the past few weeks about people getting jammed into a corner with (what sounds like) production type boxes, or at least important boxes (or they wouldn't need a vinum?).. It seems odd to me that they wouldn't give it a whirl first before attempting to use it on a box they seem so protective of.

Anyway, I'm just stating that running -current is for testing and developing, not really for production - at least I'm fairly certain.

Feel free to delete this mail and ignore me..

Eric