Martin Nilsson wrote:

I tried to install our CD/FDD-less servers from a CD-RW drive connected on the USB port, I'll try with a fresh 5.2-BETA later today and see what happens with it. in the meantime I just want to ask:

The 5.2-BETA CDROM hangs, it prints something like found /BOOT/LOADER ... and then nothing else happens.

Does anyone know what might be the problem and where one should look to try to fix it?

The motherboard is a Supermicro P4SGE with an external 52x Asus CD-RW unit. I have tried with and without USB FDD, no differnce. WinXP installs as as usual (but very slowly) on this combination.

--
Martin Nilsson, CTO & Founder, Mullet Scandinavia AB, Malmö, SWEDEN
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED], Phone: +46-(0)708-606170, Web: www.mullet.se

Our business is well engineered servers optimised for FreeBSD & Linux