https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=296086

--- Comment #12 from Tatsuki Makino <[email protected]> ---
(In reply to Charlie Li from comment #10)

It seems that having leaf-port, like graphics/blender, take the initiative to
use a newer version of python than the default helped in bumping default
version of python :)
Therefore, I am in the faction that believes preparations should be made for
versions of Python that are not the default :)

So, I think it's better if we can support all the flavors, even if it means
creating ports like devel/pygobject-common.
For example, when graphics/py-pycairo tries to install a flavor that is not
default at the same time, file path conflict occurs, so I would like some kind
of preventive measure.

Also, it becomes somewhat troublesome when BUILD_DEPENDS of a port
corresponding to all flavors include a port that only supports the default
flavor.
multimedia/openshot has now been committed with a state that includes a
workaround for that problem.
When writing depends by specifying the package name, if a downgrade of the
flavor occurs, is it better to write it in that way?

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.

Reply via email to