https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=297338

--- Comment #7 from Gleb Popov <[email protected]> ---
(In reply to Marco Beishuizen from comment #6)
> When using portupgrade, and the upgrade goes wrong, the previous version 
> stays installed/gets reinstalled automatically. If I delete glib manually , I 
> can't reinstall the old version because the install fails, because of 
> gobject-introspection.

You can use "pkg create" to create a backup package out of an installed one.

> I do think this is not an ideal situation though.

This is not our fault. The whole mess is caused by a circular dependency
between glib and gobject-introspection. It was an upstream decision, so all
downstream consumers have to adapt. In future the upstream plans to merge two
projects together, so we can get rid of that bootstrapping stuff.

Finally, I'd like once again remind everyone that the only support way to build
packages is Poudriere. There are objective reasons for that, not just a matter
of taste. If you stray from the established path you'll inevitable get into
problems such as this one or bug 297314.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.

Reply via email to