https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=297314

--- Comment #4 from Gleb Popov <[email protected]> ---
(In reply to PG from comment #3)
> I understand that poudriere can be very useful to FreeBSD and ports 
> developers.

Please note that it is the only officially supported way to build packages.
Plain make, portmaster, portupgrade, synth and etc. are not. Like I just wrote
in https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=297338#c7 you'll keep
bumping into hard-to-diagnose issues like this one if you don't use Poudriere.

> But poudriere adds layers, and in particular relies on pre-installed ports or 
> available packages for dependencies.

Can't agree with that statement. It is actually the other way around -
Poudriere carries builds in an isolated environment and can bootstrap a full
package repository starting from bare sources.

> And graphics/gdk-pixbuf2 failed in exactly the same way (see the attachment).

I have no way to reproduce it, so you'll have to debug it yourself. If you find
the problem, I can look into producing a patch.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.

Reply via email to