El día Friday, November 15, 2013 a las 07:54:24PM +0100, Klaus Espenlaub
escribió:

> Hi Matthias,
>
> On 15.11.2013 08:53, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > This is with FreeBSD 10-CURRENT, SVN revision r255948 with ports as r328930
> > (all around 1st of October) on i386 architecture;
>
> This issue has been mentioned several times in the FreeBSD community,
> and from what we can tell it's a yasm regression... The VirtualBox code
> didn't change much (besides recently fixing a yasm version detection
> which wasn't trivial as they spotted an opcode typo, and as usual
> VirtualBox uses all the exotic stuff so needs to adapt).

Hello Klaus,

I had a look into the SVN repo of the yasm port, here:
http://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/devel/yasm/Makefile?view=log
the last version change dates from Feb 2012; so this does not look as a
yasm regresion for me.

And if you look into the output produced by the yasm' preproc,
http://www.unixarea.de/yasm.out
why yasm does know X86FXSTATE_size at line  733 in yasm.out:

X86FXSTATE_size EQU $ - X86FXSTATE

but not X86TSS16_size in line 765:

X86TSS16_size EQU $ - X86TSS16

i.e. from where it knows X86FXSTATE_size, but not X86TSS16_size?

> The port maintainer frequently hangs out on IRC (freenode/#vbox-dev),
> but I don't think there is any good solution known yet.

Seems so.

        matthias

--
Matthias Apitz               |  /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign: www.asciiribbon.org