El día Tuesday, August 05, 2014 a las 09:01:28PM +0200, Matthias Apitz escribió:

> > - Xorg uses 'vboxvideo' driver and resizing or fullscreen works fine
> > - Xorg uses 'vboxmouse' with the following section in xorg.conf:
> >
> >   Section "InputDevice"
> >         Identifier  "Mouse0"
> >         Driver      "vboxmouse"
> >   EndSection
> >
> >   the mouse moves fine and can cross the border of the VM to Ubuntu-land
> >   but no button click is seen; I've checked this with xev: the moves of
> >   the mouse pointer are fine, but no click is seen by the xev
>
> The same problem is with virtualbox-ose-additions 4.3.0

After a lot of tests I have some progress on this issue:

If HAL is started, the mouse clicks are working in the guest system. Our
Wiki (https://wiki.freebsd.org/VirtualBox/) gives this as an option for
HAL users (which I was not until now) and gives an example for some file
to be placed into /usr/local/etc/hal/fdi/policy/90-vboxguest.fdi;
I did this and re-checked that it even works without this file,
launching HAL is already enough.

What still is not working is cut&paste between the VM and the host.
When Xorg+KDE4 comes up there are some VBoxClient-processes visible, one is

/usr/local/bin/VBoxClient --clipboard

Does this need some configuration? There is no man page for it :-(

Thanks

        matthias

--
Matthias Apitz               |  /"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign:
E-mail: g...@unixarea.de     |  \ /   - No HTML/RTF in E-mail