On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 3:41 PM Petyo Milotinov <pe...@petyo.org> wrote:

>     Hello,
>
>     I updated emulators/virtualbox-ose today and it doesn't launch
> anymore. When I launch it from the menu the icon bounces for awhile and
> then disappears. I tried to run it from command line and it waits forever:
>
> $ virtualbox
> ^C
> $
>
>     I tried to portdowngrade to version from March 1st with no no success
> (some "svn error" on make command, do I have to downgrade
> "emulators/virtualbox-ose-kmod" too? ).
>     Thank you!
>
>     Best regards,
>     Petyo Milotinov

Same for me. 12.0-STABLE r343501. All ports are 12-LATEST.

I did move back to virtualbox-ose-5.2.26_1 and that got it working again. I
used "svn up -r {2019-03-02} /usr/ports/emulators/virtualbox-ose" to pull
down the old version and built from source. NOTE:e sure all old VB
processes are killed before attempting to start the old version! I had to
kill VBoxSVC, VBoxXPCOMIPCD, and VirtualBox. To be paranoid, I ended up
rebooting my system.

I intend to build packages of both versions to allow easier testing to get
more details, probably with truss and ktrace.

--
Kevin Oberman