El día viernes, febrero 05, 2021 a las 11:01:11a. m. +0100, Matthias Apitz
escribió:

> Hello,
>
> I run 13.0-CURRENT r368166 (amd64) in VBox 5.2.30 on a Windows 10 host
> (because I have to, please don't blame me). Since the update to
> 13.0-CURRENT and Plasma I have the following problem:
>
> I can 'cut' with the mouse text in any window in KDE and 'paste' the
> content everywhere in KDE. It is also visible in Clipboard right after
> selecting the text with the mouse. All fine.
>
> But, to paste it into Windows, i.e. the host, with Ctrl-V I have first
> to mark (click) it in the KDE Clipboard.
>
> This is only with this new KDE. An older KDE-4 VM does not show this
> issue.

I found the reason with reading carefully the help of the Klipper
application; one must enable the following:

  Synchronize contents of the clipboard and the selection

  Sets the clipboard mode. When an area of the screen is
  selected with mouse or keyboard, this is called the “selection”.
  If this option is selected, the selection and the clipboard is
  kept the same, so that anything in the selection is immediately
  available for pasting elsewhere using any method, including the
  traditional middle mouse button. Otherwise, the selection is
  recorded in the clipboard history, but the selection can only
  be pasted using the middle mouse button. Also see the Ignore
  selection option. See the section called “Clipboard/Selection
  Behavior”.

With this it works like it should. And this option was enabled in the
KDE4 Klipper (maybe as default, because I do not remember having ever
touch this).

        matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ g...@unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045