>Good Afternoon,
>
>       I have been using the Intel EtherExpress Pro 10/100B cards for
>some time.  I just recieved a batch of the Intel Pro/100+ management
>adapters.  In most of my machines, they don't work.
>
>Everything I can find says they should be compatible, but there are very
>clearly some problems.
>
>Doing FTP installs is impossible, on 3.2, if I can get it to start at all,
>it gets 60% through bin and hangs.  2.2.8 gets 30% through and hangs.
>
>Large data transfers seem to cause the lockup.  I know at least 1 netbsd
>person has reported similar problems with these new cards, (kern/7216).
>
>Has anyone seen problems like these?  Any ideas?

   Hmmm...I've been using them in some machines here and haven't seen any
problems. Strange. Do all of your systems have similar motherboards and CPU?

-DG

David Greenman
Co-founder/Principal Architect, The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
Creator of high-performance Internet servers - http://www.terasolutions.com